The National Institute for Entrepreneurship and Small Business Development is a premier organization of the Ministry of Skill Development and Entrepreneurship, engaged in training, consultancy, research, etc. in order to promote entrepreneurship and Skill Development. The major activities of the Institute include Training of Trainers, Management Development Programmes, Entrepreneurship-cum-Skill Development Programmes, Entrepreneurship Development Programmes and Cluster Intervention. The Institute has been actively delivering International Trainings for the ITEC nation participants under the aegis of Ministry of External Affairs. The institute has been financially self-sufficient since 2007-08.
The Institute is operating from an integrated Campus in A-23, Sector-62, Noida, Uttar Pradesh and a Regional Office at Dehradun, Uttarakhand. It is established in an area of 10,000 sq. meters with about 40,000 sq. feet of built up area. The infrastructure comprises of 8 class rooms, 1 auditorium, and 1 conference hall, besides library. There is also a hostel consisting of 32 rooms, and other facilities.
The major activities of the Institute inter alia include:
- Training: The training programmes being organized by the Institute inter-alia include Trainers’ Training Programmes (TTPs); Management Development Programmes (MDPs); Orientation Programmes for Head of Departments (HoDs) and Senior Executives; Entrepreneurship Development Programmes (EDPs); Entrepreneurship-cum-Skill Development Programmes (ESDPs) and specially designed sponsored activities for different target groups.
- Research/Evaluation Studies: Besides the primary/basic research, the Institute has been undertaking review/evaluation of different government schemes/programmes, training need assessment- Skill Gap studies, industrial potential survey etc. The broad objective of these activities is the promotion of the Entrepreneurship across the country.
- Development of Course Curriculum/Syllabi: The Institute has developed Model Syllabi for organizing Entrepreneurship Development Programmes. It also assists in Standardization of Common Training programmes.
- Publications and Training Aids: The Institute has been bringing out different Publications on entrepreneurship and allied subjects. The Institute brings out a quarterly Newslettershowcasing the activities, achievements and interventions under the Entrepreneurial landscape of the country.
- Cluster Interventions: The Institute has been actively involved in undertaking developmental programmes (Soft and Hard Interventions) in Clusters in different capacities. The Institute has so far handled a total of 24 Industrial Clusters.
- Online and Electronic Learning Modules:The Institute has developed an E-learning Module (Hindi and English) for Entrepreneurship Development Programmes. The Module was launched in different States. In addition, a snapshot ofonline learning Modules offered by the institute include modules on Cyber Security, Communication Skills, Java, Personality Development, Mathematical Modeling, Web Designing & Cloud Computing. Retail and Entrepreneurship, Employability and Life Skills.
- The Regional Office, Dehradun: Undertakes Research and provides Training & Consultancy Services to the beneficiaries specially those belonging to the states of Uttarakhand and Uttar Pradesh.
- Hand-holding for Enterprise Creation and Employment Assistance to the Trainees: The Institute provides hand-holding services to candidates interested in self-employment and assists to find suitable wage employment if they do not opt for self-employment. For the same, an interaction platform called Rozgar Mela(s) is organized for prospective employees and trained persons.
- International Activities: The Institute conducts 8-weeks’ training programmes under the Fellowships of the Ministry of External Affairs: ITEC/SCAAP/COLOMBO Plan for the participants from different countries. Besides, the Institute also designs and conducts special /request training programmes for overseas agencies and has also been assisting other countries through consultancy assignments primarily in assessing the industrial potential of different Regions.The programme is being infused with technology for it to have viability in a post-pandemic situation.
- Consultancy Services (National and International): Offering consultancy services in the area of entrepreneurship especially for MSMEs. It Offers advice and consultancy to other Institutions engaged in entrepreneurial training either in the Government or in the Private Sector. Advising Governments (both Central & State) and foreign Governments as well in the area of entrepreneurship and MSMEs.
- The Institute has successfully developed and delivered content for online training programmes and in the process of increasing its repository for content and curriculum for numerous market driven online training programmes.
- In order to deal with the COVID-19 situation, the Institute has adapted and evolved to providing training through online mode. The institute has begun operating and convening most of its training through digital online platform, including the Trainers’ Training Programme on Employability, Entrepreneurship and Life Skills for PMKVY Partner Institutions and ESDP on Retail Team Leader for the Directorate General of Training, Ministry of Defence. The institute is maintaining dialogues with other national and international bodies for providing Entrepreneurship Training through digital platforms.
For more details kindly refer the website http://www.niesbud.nic.in/.