Sector Skill Councils (SSC)
Sector Skill Councils are set up as autonomous industry-led bodies by NSDC. They create Occupational Standards and Qualification bodies, develop competency framework, conduct Train the Trainer Programs, conduct skill gap studies and Assess and Certify trainees on the curriculum aligned to National Occupational Standards developed by them.
Till date, the NSDC Board has approved proposals for 38 Sector Skill Councils. There are approximately 450 Corporate Representatives in the Governing Councils of these SSCs. The list of SSCs is given below.
The Ministry has been actively engaging with these SSCs.
- Ministry of Skill Development & Entrepreneurship under the Chairmanship of the Hon'ble MoS (I/C) held meetings with all the Sector Skill Council (SSC) in the months of December, 2014 and January, 2015 to integrate them into the National Agenda on Skilling.
- The Hon'ble MoS was also part of the Governing Councils meeting of 6 Sector Skill Councils viz. Beauty & Wellness, IT & ITeS, Telecom, Aviation & Aerospace, Rubber and Hospitality & Tourism Sector Skill Councils which were held over the last 3 months.
- The Ministry also organized meetings at the Joint Secretary level with the line Ministries of Sector Skill Councils like Capital Goods, Telecom, Mining, Shipping to align the activities of the SSC completely with these Ministries.
- The Ministry, along with NSDC and Sector Skill Councils, organized sectoral workshops on National Occupational Standards in February 2015.
- The Ministry has issued a notification that enables SSCs to join the list of non-statutory bodies which issue nationally recognised skills certificates