Ministry of Skill Development and Entrepreneurship hosted a National Level Consultative Workshop with representatives of State governments, including State Ministers responsible for Skill Development and Entrepreneurship on 9th May, 2015. The workshop sought to brief State Governments about MSDE’s various initiatives, highlight and share best practices from select States, gather feedback and incorporate this into MSDE’s forthcoming policy and programme initiatives. The Draft Policy on Skill Development and Entrepreneurship 2015 was circulated to representatives of State Governments ahead of the workshop and their feedback was obtained. The workshop saw a turnout of over 450 participants including State Ministers dealing with skill development, officials of State Government Departments and Ministries, representatives from Ministries of Government of India and key stakeholders in the skilling ecosystem. There was a positive and overwhelming support for the Ministry’s initiatives and activities.
Other engagements with the States in 2015 include:
- January,2015 – MOU with Department of Technical Education and Training Govt of West Bengal and NSDC –Introducing Skill Based Training in Industrial Training Institutes.
- January,2015 –MOU with Kerala Academy for Skills Excellence and NSDC – a) Support the creation of the Indian Institute of Infrastructure and Construction (IIIC) with specific focus on migrants labourers b) Support formation of Centres for excellence in various sectors formed by KASE with Industrial Partners.
- March,2015 –MOU between Punjab Skill Development Mission and National Skill Development Corporation for Program Management unit Support.
- March, 2015 –MOU between Rajasthan Consultancy Organization and National Skill Development – Tie up for Skill Development Programmes.
- March,2015 – MOU between Himachal Consultancy Organisation ltd and National Skill Development Corporation – Tie up for Skill Development Programme.
- March,2015 –MOU between The Government of Jharkhand Skill Development Mission and National Skill Development Corporation – To improve Employability Skills of the youth undergoing Skill Development trainings in the state of Jharkhand . This will be achieved through joint collaboration Government of Jharkhand and NSDC by Implementing National Occupation Standards, Assessment and Certifications Mechanism developed by NSDC, capacity building of resources and infrastructure and coordination with Industry Association. 5 Lakh to be trained through NSDC Partners by 2019.
- AN RPL is being organised with MP State Govt funding in construction sector for 5000 people as a pilot wherein NSDC training Partner and SSC would implement. Signing of MoUs will be done in the month of April 2015.
- MOUs for skilling in School Education were signed with 2 state boards - Rajasthan and Madhya Pradesh.
- NSDA organized a study tour for officers from the North Eastern States, to update them on some of the skill development strategies being implemented in other Indian states.